Marketing Communications Manager
Are you a rock-star Marketing Communications Manager? Do you drool over things like cloud and network security? Are you based in the DMV area? If so, we want to talk with you about an amazing opportunity at a rapidly growing Gartner “2018 Cool Vendor.”
What you’ll do…
- Content Development: Drafteither independently or in collaboration with subject matter experts collateral such as data sheets, presentations, video scripts, website content, infographics, and blog posts.
- Social Media Marketing: Craft and oversee daily social media posts on corporate LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter accounts to help further the OPAQ brand as a thought leader in the security-as-a-service space.
- External Communications: Work with marketing, public relations and other teams to reach and engage our service provider partners and the midsize enterprise market they support.
- Website SEO and SEM: Help manage and implement the website SEO and SEM strategy that includes growth in organic search results through content generation, link building, on-page optimization, etc.
- Case Studies & Testimonials: Lead the customer case study and testimonial initiative in coordination with Channel Marketing and channel account leads
- And More: Support the execution of a variety of marketing initiatives, including co-marketing campaigns in collaboration with the channel marketing and our service provider partners
Skills you’ll have…
- At least a 4-year college degree with a concentration in marketing, communications, or similar field
- 5+ years of corporate marketing communications or product marketing experience in information security and/or IT. Specific experience in network security and/or cloud a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience in public speaking a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in developing marketing content and sales enablement materials and tools.
- Knowledge of and comfortability with managing social media such as LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Strong knowledge of technology fundamentals and current technology trends
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts and technologies into strategic business and partner/customer-centric value propositions.
- Ability to perform in a high-energy and highly demanding work environment where change is a constant.
- Drive and lead multiple deadlines and priorities, and drive projects through to completion, while collaborating with other teams.
- Willingness to travel (estimated to be less than 10%). Visiting partners/customers may be required at times.
We want you to:
- Be passionate about joining a rapid-growth, emerging company and driving its success
- Be open and agile to change and the unpredictable nature of a fast-growing company
- Be self-motivated and be good at attention to detail
- Value and respect your co-workers and teammates
At OPAQ, you’ll play a meaningful role in enabling explosive company growth by driving and supporting a variety of marketing programs. This is a highly visible role in the company and has the potential to make a significant impact on the business goals of OPAQ and our partners.
This full-time position will help drive corporate marketing strategies and plans with the Vice President of Marketing, including brand management, content and campaign creation and management, web and social media marketing, media/public relations management, and other programs. The position is based in Herndon, VA, and the ideal candidate should be comfortable working parallel priorities in a fast-paced environment.
If this role is exciting you, we urge you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. OPAQ offers a full benefits package.
OPAQ is the premier network security cloud company that is transforming the way security is delivered – from the cloud. A 2018 Gartner “Cool Vendor,” OPAQ’s cloud platform-as-a-service enables partners to deliver Fortune 100-grade security-as-a-service to midsize enterprises on a fully encrypted SD-WAN. With OPAQ, service providers are equipped with a simplified ability to centrally monitor security performance and compliance maturity, generate reports, manage security infrastructure, and enforce policies – all through a single interface. This empowers OPAQ partners to grow revenue and margins, eliminate complexity and costs, and establish a competitive advantage that helps them attract and retain customers. Based in Northern Virginia, OPAQ is privately held and is funded by Greenspring Associates, Columbia Capital, Harmony Partners, and Zero-G, Inc. To learn more, visit www.opaq.com.